Hey guys and welcome back to another special update.
More details have been announced for ‘Agent Hunt Mode’, which is similar to Mercenaries Mode, but this time you play the infected and hunt down agents like Sherry and Jake, there is a clip showcasing that below:
For those who want to experience the action and fighting of playing a zombie, J’avo or other C-virus mutations, then the all-new online mode ‘Agent Hunt’ delivers pure perfection to your gaming experience.
As a ‘Hunter’, players will be able to infiltrate other player’s sessions with the aim of terminating the human characters. As a hunter, players will be able to get access to the very unique movements and attacks of each one of the enemies, including various creature transformations you can enable to witness the horror from within. Check out some cool images below by clicking on them.
After watching the clip above and you are asking…’actually, how does Agent Hunt Mode work??’
Well lets get straight to the point:
- Complete the main campaigns for either Leon, Chris or Jake on any difficulty level to unlock the Agent Hunt Mode bonus stages for each of those respective campaigns.
- When creating an RESIDENT EVIL 6 gameplay session, a player has the option to allow/not allow Agent Hunt.
- When a hunter searches for a game session to join, they will see on screen whether or not other players from around the world want to allow hunters into their game session for teaming up.
- The hunter then chooses another player’s session to join and jumps straight into the game session.
- On the ‘Agent’ side, only a single player with an A.I partner can team up, or two human players on Co-op. Up to two separate hunters can join an Agent Hunt mission. When a hunter dies, they automatically re-spawn where they died previously or at a checkpoint.
- If the hunter terminates the agent, the session ends with a ‘hunt successful’ message and displays end of results session on screen. The player can start or join in another session if they wish to.
- If the agent is terminated, then their game session will end exactly as if they had been playing a standard game session with CPU enemies.
- If the hunter quits the game session, then the agent’s game continues as normal with A.I enemies.
- Terror goes global – no longer confined to a specific location there is a new strain called the ‘C virus’ and there is an outbreak spreading all over the Earth. Most of the game action takes place in North America, Eastern Europe and China.
- Multiple characters and mind-blowing horror plots – play as Leon S. Kennedy, Chris Redfield and Jake Muller, son of the late Albert Wesker. The main characters will have their respective partners on their mission including Helena Harper, BSAA member Piers Nivans and the U.S Government agent Sherry Birkin.
- The action also crosses paths – at specific points when the narrative draws two characters together, the ‘crossover’ mechanic allows up to four players to experience the horror together online.
- Go Solo or Co-op – both single and two player co-op gameplay either online or offline.
- New exciting challenges – confront the results of the C-virus in all it’s deadliest forms and transformations; zombies return, but now they can run, leap and jump at you, and even can wield dangerous weapons; enemies like J’avo can regenerate itself when injured, plus it evolves something much bigger and scarier; like it’s body parts where wounded can literally transform. So players need to rethink and adapt to it; the C-virus has also given rise to the ‘Chrysalide’, which spawns a host of deadly, horrific creatures.
- Vehicle-based action – for the first time in history, RESIDENT EVIL 6 contains sections that features cool vehicles such as motorbikes, cars and snowmobiles, players can ride on.
- Mercenaries mode returns – players can again enjoy a ‘two-man army’ competing against the time limit and defeating as many creatures as possible. Get a bonus unlockable for every high ranking results you get!
- Redesigned and improved state of the art control system – RESIDENT EVIL 6 now allows players to shoot while moving, slide, evade and roll in any direction to take cover from incoming attacks, you can also counter attack.
- Localized voice-over – for the first time ever, the game includes fully localized voice-overs in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish as well as subtitles in Brazilian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese and Russian.